|Isao Murafuji||Last modified date：2017.05.01|
Homepage of Professor Murafuji as to "The Financial Restructuring of Japan" .
Bacholor of Laws, Master of Business Administrations
Field of Specialization
Research on M&A, corporate finance and consolidated financial management. Research on consolidated financial management of government, financial institution, corporate and home sectors. Publiched "Consolidated Financial Strategy(2000)"and "Financial Structuring of Japan(2004)" from Toyo Keizai. Published "Corporate Finance for Practical Application in Japan(2006)" and "The optimization of Business Portfolio(2010)"from Chuo Keizai. "The Secret of M&A Adviser(2008)"and "The Truth of Northeastern Asia" from Soseisha. Published "The Net Government(2015)" from Dobunkan. The Chairman of development committee of Regional CFO(2003) and the chairman of Financial Adviser Develoment Committee(2004), Member of Finance Committee, all sponsored by METI. Members of Government Restructuring committee and Financial System Restructuring committee(2003), Post Office Restructuring Commitee, Regional Government Restructuring Committee and Public Officers Restrucutring Committee(2004), Government Restructuring Committee, Regional Government Restructuring Committee, Fiscal and Tax System Restruturing Commitee and Social Welfare system Restructuring Committee(2005－2006) at Japan Association of Corporate Executives. Member of Program Contents Evaluation committee at Business Breakthrough Channel of SkyPerfecTV. Broadcasting BBIQ Morning Business School at KBC from the spring of 2006, at Cross FM from the spring of 2007 and at Fukuoka FM from April 2012. Managing Professor of Business School from April 2009 to March 2011. Started and managed the executive program from Nov.2010 to Mar. 2012 and plan to manage in 2013. Visiting professor at KAIST Business School from May-Aug. 2012 and Northeastern University Business school from Sep.2012 to Feb. 2013.
Research InterestsMembership in Academic Society
- The Financial Analysis of The United States of America's National Accounts
keyword : SNA
- Corporate Finance, Mergers & Acquisitions
keyword : Corporate Finance, M&A, Financial Restructuring, Valuation, Optimization of business portfolio, Optimization of capital structure
1987.09～2020.03The valuation of various enterprises. The optimization of business portfolio and the optimization of capital structure..
- Consolidated Financial Management
keyword : Consolidated Financial Management, Consolidated Financial Strategy, Management consolidation, Consolidated division, allocation of capital structure
1997.08～2020.12Research on the management alternatives of consolidated divisions which consists business portfolio of the privagte enterprises. How to allocate asset and liabilities, how to maximize enterprise values for each consolidated division and how to optimize capital structure for each consolidated division..
- Financial restructuring of Japan
keyword : Financial restructuring, System of national accounts, Financial restructuring of the government, Consolidated financial statements by ministry, financial restructuring of local governments
1997.04～2020.12Analize system of national accounts of Japan by sector, identifify major issues and consider the possible alternatives to solve the issues. Focus on how to transfer a part of public service to private enterprises..
- Research on financing alternatives for Japanese companies in East Asia
Works, Software and Database
|1.||Financial Strategy model which can calculate the enterprise values of consolidated divisions of large private enterprises which need to optimize their business portfolio..|
|2.||Adjusted Financial statements, including balance sheet, of 4 sectors of Japan made from SNA Data.Through analyzing these data, it becomes possible to identify major financial issues of Japan by each sector and consider strategic alternatives to solve the issues..|
|1.||村藤 功, The Financial Problems of Japan when the Global Economy has been integrated, Joint Conference with Nanjing University and Renmin University, 2014.06.13.|
|2.||Financial Restructuring of Japan.|
|3.||Financial Restructuring of Japanese Government.|
- Japan Finance Association
- Japan Society of Monetary Economics
Other Educational Activities
- 2014.11, From Nov. 2014 to March 2015, held 5th Executive program, consisting of 12 sundays for 16 Kyushu area executives. Went to Hangzhou and Shanghai tour. The participants were requested to make the presentations on their individual projects on the final day..
- 2013.11, From Nov. 2013 to Feb. 2014, provided 4th Kyushu University Business School short term executive program as the responsible QBS representative..
- 2012.10, Provided "Corporate Finance and M&A" course at Northeastern University Business School in China which is one of Partner schools for Kyushu University Business School.
- 2012.05, Provided "Corporate Finance and M&A" course at KAIST Business School in Korea which is one of Partner for Kyushu University.
- 2010.11, Held the first Executive program of Kyushu University Business School from Nov.2010 to March 2011.
- 2010.03, Found QANP(PBS Alumni Network Public Management Research Meeting) and having a session once a month.
- 2009.09, Accepted 8 exchange students including 2 from Nanjing University, 2 from Northwestern University, 2 from DUFE and 1 from Dalian University of TEchnology and 1 from Jirin University..
Professional and Outreach Activities
Based on the relationship Kyushu University had with East Asian Universities, QBS expanded the relationship with major business schools in North Eastern states of China. In addition to the University agreements with Beijing Univ., Renmin University of China, Shanghai Jiao Tong Univ. . Nanjing Univ., Zejiang Univ., Jirin Univ., QBS formed departmental agreement with North Eastern Univ.(Shenyang) , Dalian Univ. of Technology(Dalian) and Dongbei University of Finance & Economics(Dalian). Made departmental agreement with national Chengchi Univ. of Taiwan in 2015. The cooperation include exchange of seminars, student exchanges and information exchange. We receive about 1--15 exchange students every year from our partner schools. Started 1st Executive Program in 2010 and continued in 2011,2012,2013 and 2014. Provided English lectures at KAIST business school in korea and Northeastern Business School in China during 2012-2013. Received the executive program visit of KAIST business school and Nanjing MBA Program in 2013 and 2014. Joined Association of Asia Pacific Business Schools(AAPBS) in 2015..