|WENXUE WANG||Last modified date：2016.05.06|
Associate Professor / Division of Renewable Energy Dynamics
Research Institute for Applied Mechanics
Research Institute for Applied Mechanics
Field of Specialization
Composite materials, Fracture mechanics, Computational mechanics
Research InterestsMembership in Academic Society
- Research on the wind turbine system with energy-saving passively self-adapative flanged diffuser
keyword : Wind turbine, energy-saving, self-adapative flanged diffuser
- Research on the energy-saving automobile
keyword : CFRP, energy-saving, automobile
- Development of high strength UACS compositts and its application to reduction of thermal residual stress in CFRP/metal hyabrid laminates
keyword : Short fiber reinforced plastic, UACS、CFRP/metal、複合材料
- Structures and materials of wind power system
keyword : wind power system, turbine blade of wind power, tower of wind power, strength of wind power structures, composite materials
- health mornitoring of structures using mechanoluminescence materials
keyword : Mechanoluminescence, health mornitoring, stress distribution
keyword : CNT, CNT/polymer composites
- The pressure hull of deep ocean submersibles.
keyword : Pressure hull, deep ocean submersibles, CFRP, metal/CFRP hybrid materials
- Computational meshless methods
keyword : meshless method, computational methods, isotropic, finite point method
- CFRP/metal hybrid laminates
keyword : CFRp, CFRP/metal, hybrid laminates, galvanic corrosion, nano-composite coating
- C/C composite and metal infiltrated Cu-C/C and Si-C/C composites
keyword : C/C composite, metal infiltrated C/C composites,
- Interfacial fracure of composite laminates
keyword : Composites, interfacial fracture, fracture toughness, effects of temperature, test methods
- In this project, researches related with the CNT/epoxy composite materials are carried out. The research goal is the development of unidirectional CNT/epoxy composite materials with high strength, high stiffness, high electrical conductivity, and thermal conductivity.
- In this project, researches related with the renewable energy system engineering are carried out. Its immediate targets are material and structural issues for a wind turbine with a brimmed shroud developed by RIAM, highly functionalized wind turbine structures including adaptive blades, characterization of large-sized CFRP wind turbine, and material and structural designs aiming at the offshore deployment of wind turbines.
- In this project, a new Unidirectionally Arrayed Chopped Stands (UACS） with artificial cut with different angle is proposed. The effects of aspect and angle of the UACS on the strength, stifness and deformation of UACS laminates are investigate by numerical simulation and experiment to find optimum cuting angle and aspect of choppen stands. Furthermore, the application of the above mentioned UACS to the galvanic corrosion-resistant CFRP/Al hybrid laminates is studied by experimental and numerical simulation to develop a new CFRP/Al laminates with high corrosion-resistance and low thermal residual stress.
- This project is a joint project of Tohoku University group and Kyushu University group. The project is concerned with the reseaches on the three interfaces, i.e. biomechanical-biological interface, biomaterial-biological interface and host-parasite interface. In our lab., the research is mainli focus on the biomaterial-biological interface and biomechanical-biological interface.
- This project is a part of a big project (Prof. Xu) of CREST and it is a project on the research of health mornitoring using mechanoluminescence materials developend by Prof. Xu. This kind mechanoluminescence materials can emit visual light when it is subjected to external loading. The visual light is much stronger than other previously developed mechanoluminescence materials and it is visible by nake eye. The light distribution is similar to the equivalent stress distribution so that one can obtain the stress distribution from light distribution. This mechanoluminenscence material provide a new technology to us for the health mornitoring of structures in service in real time. In the project, we want clarify the relationship between visual light and variou parameters such as loading rate, load types, and other factors and find a simple way to evaluate the stress from the light intensity.
- In this project, a new method to create a galvanic corrosion-resistant CFRP/Al-FRML based on nano-composite coating is developed. Nano-composite coating consists of a sulfuric acid anodizing and a silica nano-particle reinforced hybrid sol-gel coating and is conducted on the surface of Aluminum alloy 2024-T3 to prevent the galvanic corrosion between carbon and aluminum alloy. Electrochemistry, corrosion, and mechanical tests are studied.
- In this project, research on the mechanical properties, frictional propereties and fatigue strength of the carbpn-carbon composite (C/C) and metal infiltrated C/C omposites: Cu-C/C and Si-C/C are conducted.
|1.||This paper proposes a new smart sensor for the detection of damage in structures using mechanoluminescence (ML) material SrAl2O4:Eu (SAOE). SAOE is a kind of functional ceramics that can emit visual light when it is subjected to external mechanical action. The luminescence of SAOE is very high so that it enables us to view the visual light with naked eye. A smart film sensor is fabricated using SAOE powder and polymer. The effect of load frequency on the emitted visual light is investigated under cyclic loading conditions. Furthermore, detection of a crack and evaluation of the stress concentration and stress intensity factors are performed using SAOE film sensor. Experimental results demonstrate that the visual light emitted by SAOE film sensor has good correlation with the equivalent strain and stress. .|
- Japan Society of Powder and Powder Metallurgy
- Japan Society for Composite Materials
- The Society of Materials Science, Japan
- The Japan Society for Aeronautical and Space Sciences