|Yoichi Kawamoto||Last modified date：2018.06.04|
Ph.D. in Engineering
Country of degree conferring institution (Overseas)
Field of Specialization
Total Priod of education and research career in the foreign country
Currently, approximately 50% of the world’s population is living in urban areas and that figure is predicted to continue to increase. On the other hand, many cities are facing problems caused by urbanization. The urban heat island phenomenon, one of the urban climate problems, is a typical environmental problem encountered in dense urban areas in summer. I'm tackling these so-called urban climate problems to construct sustainable society from the view point of thermal environment.
1. Numerical simulation of the urban climate using meso-scale meteorological model
2. Field observation to clarify the urban climate
Research InterestsMembership in Academic Society
- Research on Urban Environment
keyword : Urban Environment, Building Environment, Urban Climatology
- This project was cooperated with Kajima Technical Research Institute. In this project, wind environment in the complicated urban area was simulated using FX10 owned by Kyushu University.
- Heat Island Institute International
- Architectural Institute of Japan
- The Society of Heating, Air-Conditioning and Sanitary Engineers of Japan
- Meteorological Society of Japan
- International Association for Urban Climate
- That award was granted in recognition of outstanding publication.