|Takeshi ONIMARU||Last modified date：2019.06.17|
Ph.D. (Area Studies)
Field of Specialization
Political History, Comparative Area Studies
International relations and comparative area studies in East and Southeast Asia from 19 century.
Research InterestsMembership in Academic Society
- I conduct comparative research on state formation and transformation in East and Southeast Asia from 19 to early 20 century, mainly focusing on state's surveillance scheme on policing, public health, registration, and so on.
keyword : Comparative State Formation/Building, Surveillance
|1.||Takashi Shiraishi, Tetsushi Sonobe, Keiichi Tsunekawa, Kaoru Sugihara, Takeshi Onimaru, R. Bin Wong, Sugata Bose, Emerging States and Economies: Their Origins, Drivers, and Challenges Ahead
, Springer, 2018.11, [URL].
|2.||Onimaru Takeshi, Khoo Boo Teik, Political Networks in Asia, Special Issue Southeast Asian Studies, Center for Southeast Asian Studies, Kyoto University, Vol.5, No.1, pp. 3-154, 2016.04, [URL].|
|3.||Onimaru Takeshi, Caroline S. Hau, Kasian Tejapira, Resil B. Mojares, Lorraine M. Paterson, Peter Zinoman, Khoo Boo Teik, Yamamoto Hiroyuki, Odine de Guzman, Shiraishi Takashi, Traveling Nation-Makers: Transnational Flows and Movements in the Making of Modern Southeast Asia, National University of Singapore Press: Singapore, 2011.03.|
|1.||Onimaru Takeshi, Shanghai Connection: The Construction and Collapse of the Comintern Network in East and Southeast Asia, Southeast Asian Studies, Vol. 5, No.1, pp. 115-133, 2016.04, [URL].|
|2.||Khoo Boo Teik, Onimaru Takeshi, Introduction: A Place for Networks in Asian Studies, Southeast Asian Studies, Vol.5, No.1, pp. 3-17, 2016.04, [URL].|
- The Japan Association of International Relations
- Japan Association for Comparative Politics
- The Asian Association of World Historians
- Japan Society for Southeast Asian Studies