|Shin'ichi Konomi||Last modified date：2019.06.27|
Learning Analytics Center, Faculty of Arts and Science, Kyushu University .
Human Data Interaction Lab .
Personal website .
PhD in Computer Science
Country of degree conferring institution (Overseas)
Field of Specialization
Total Priod of education and research career in the foreign country
Engaged in interdisciplinary research and education at Faculty of Arts and Science, School of Interdisciplinary Science and Innovation, and Graduate School of Information Science and Electrical Engineering. Also, contributes to the design and the operations of the computational systems for supporting the education and learning at Kyushu University.
Research InterestsMembership in Academic Society
- Research on Human-Data Interaction
keyword : Data Science, Interaction, Network, Machine Learning, Recommendation, Ambient Intelligence, Privacy
- Research and development of next-generation learning environments that leverage big data
keyword : Learning support, education support, learning analytics
- Research and development of learning-support systems for adults of all ages including elderly people, with the aim to support their social participation and re-employment.
keyword : Learning support systems, learning analytics, recurrent education, adults at all ages
- Smartphone-based sensing of human behaviors
keyword : Smartphones, sensing, human behaviors
- Proposes novel urban sensing method
- Development of flexible techniques for collecting and updating trust networks, and its applications to information sharing systems in local communities
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- IEEE Computer Society
- Information Processing Society of Japan (IPSJ)
- The Institute of Electronics, Information, and Communication Engineers (IEICE)
- The Database Society of Japan (DBSJ)
- GIS Association of Japan
- Best Short Paper Award of the 2017 European Conference on Ambient Intelligence (AmI 2017), 26-28,
April, 2017, Malaga, Spain: Shin’ichi Konomi, Tomoyo Sasao, Simo Hosio, Kaoru Sezaki, Exploring the
Use of Ambient WiFi Signals to Find Vacant Houses.
Engaged in interdisciplinary research and education at Faculty of Arts and Science, School of Interdisciplinary Science and Innovation, and Graduate School of Information Science and Electrical Engineering.