|Yoshimitsu Masuda||Last modified date：2020.06.11|
Reseacher Profiling Tool Kyushu University Pure
HP Food Hygienic Chemistry .
PhD (Agricultural Science)
Country of degree conferring institution (Overseas)
Field of Specialization
Molecular Microbiology, Microbial Technology
Total Priod of education and research career in the foreign country
We are mainly aiming to improve food safety and guarantee high-quality products by studying on food-born pathogens such as Salmonella, Campylobacter, and Listeria. My study is aiming to evaluate the influence of toxin-antitoxin systems of those bacteria on their stress tolerance and clarify these mechanisms. Especially, my study is focusing on the influence of toxin-antitoxin system on 1) heat stress conditions and 2) injured cells caused by heat treatment. Also, we are working on establishment of novel bacteriophage treatment to control food-born pathogens.
Research InterestsMembership in Academic Society
- Establishment of novel food-born pathogen control method by leaderless bacteriocin producing phage
keyword : food-born pathogen, phage, leaderless bacteriocin
- Role of toxin-antitoxin system in bacterial heat tolerance
keyword : Food-born pathogen, heat tolerance, toxin-antitoxin, persiter
- Biosynthetic analyses on circular and leaderless bacteriocins produced by lactic acid bacteria
keyword : bacteriocin, lactic acid bacteria, leaderless bacteriocin, circular bacteriocin
- Study on novel bacteriocins from lactic acid bacteria, circular and leaderless bacteriocins
keyword : bacteriocin, lactic acid bacteria, leaderless bacteriocin, circular bacteriocin, multiple-bacteriocin producing bacteria
- Study on structural and characteristic analyses of novel bacteriocins produced by Weissella hellenica QU 13
keyword : bacteriocin, lactic acid bacteria, antimicrobial peptide
- This research aims to establish novel food-born pathogen control method by constructing leaderless bacteriocin producing phage (LLB phage) using genetic techniques such as CRISPR-Cas system.
- Japanese Society for Food Science and Technology
- Japan Society for Bioscience, Biotechnology, and Agrochemistry