|Takafumi Sakamoto||Last modified date：2021.08.02|
E-Mail *Since the e-mail address is not displayed in Internet Explorer, please use another web browser:Google Chrome, safari.
Reseacher Profiling Tool Kyushu University Pure
Country of degree conferring institution (Overseas)
Field of Specialization
Total Priod of education and research career in the foreign country
Research InterestsMembership in Academic Society
- Evaluation of the Effectiveness of MitraClip in Mitral Regurgitation
keyword : Mitral regurgitation, MitraClip
- Development of a new severity assessment index for mitral regurgitation
keyword : Mitral regurgitation, severity
- Mechanism of acute decompensated heart failure via sympathetic activation
keyword : heart failure, autonomic nervous system, hemodynamics
- In recent years, the number of patients with heart failure has been increasing in Japan due to the rapid aging of the population, the increase in lifestyle-related diseases such as hypertension, diabetes, and dyslipidemia, and the improvement in the acute treatment of acute coronary syndrome. The number of heart failure patients is estimated to reach 1.3 million by 2030, and since many of them are repeatedly rehospitalized due to exacerbations, it is regarded as an urgent issue not only for medical treatment but also for the medical economy as a "heart failure pandemic.
This research is supported by the Japanese Society of Cardiology and the Japanese Heart Failure Society as part of the "Development of Highly Accurate Prediction of the Onset and Severity of Heart Failure and Optimal Treatment Strategies Based on the Prediction" of the "Research Project for Practical Application of Countermeasures against Cardiovascular Diseases, Diabetes and Other Lifestyle Related Diseases" of the Japan Agency for Medical Development (AMED).
Currently, the JROADHF study, a multicenter retrospective observational study, is underway with the aim of generating data on the actual status of heart failure treatment and its appropriateness on a nationwide scale in Japan.
The JROADHF study is a multicenter, retrospective, observational study that aims to generate data showing the actual status of heart failure treatment and its appropriateness.
This study, the "JROADHF-NEXT Study", is an extension of the JROADHF study. Between April 1, 2019 and September 30, 2020, we will prospectively register heart failure patients at cardiovascular care facilities nationwide, construct a new database, develop a new prediction index and risk stratification method for the onset and severity of heart failure using clinical information (including DPC information) and biomarkers, and verify its effectiveness.
|1.||Takafumi Sakamoto, Keita Saku, Kenji Sunagawa, Hiroyuki Tsutsui, Maladaptive hemodynamic responses to sympathetic activation play a pivotal role in the pathogenesis of acute decompensated heart failure, American Heart Association, 2019.11.|
- JAPANESE SOCIETY FOR ARTIFICIAL ORGANS
- Japanese society of Circulation Control in Medicine
- Japanese Heart Rhythm Society
- The Japanese Heart Failure Society
- Japanese Association of Cardiovascular Intervention and Therapeutics
- The Japanese Circulation Society
- The Japanese Society of Internal Medicine