|Yuko Ishii||Last modified date：2021.06.01|
Reseacher Profiling Tool Kyushu University Pure
Doctor of Literature
Country of degree conferring institution (Overseas)
Field of Specialization
Art Studies, Art History
Total Priod of education and research career in the foreign country
Her research field is modern art and the historical avant-garde, with particular emphasis on surrealist art in the 20th century. In 2014, she published a book that focused on the works of Max Ernst and his Collage. In 2019, The International Encyclopedia of Surrealism was published from Bloomsbury, to which she contributed articles on surrealism in Japan. Currently, she is engaged in a comparative study of the reception and development of surrealism both in the U.K. and Japan in the interwar period by investigating their international exhibitions and curatorial practice.
Research InterestsMembership in Academic Society
- Theories of Taste and Avant-Garde Art in the UK Between the Two World Wars
keyword : Art History, United Kingdom, Taste, Avant-Garde Art, Two World Wars
- A comparative study on creative modifications through the internationalization of Surrealism.
keyword : Surrealism in Japan, Surrealism in Britain, Herbert Read, Shuzo Takiguchi
- Max Ernst's Collages
keyword : Max Ernst, Collages, Vox Angelica, Grid, Mythology
- Surrealist exhibitions between the interwar period.
keyword : Surrealism, Exhibitions, Collage
- International Society for the Study of Surrealism (ISSS)
- Hiroshima Society for Science of Arts
- Société franco-japonaise d'art et d'archéologie
- The Japanese Society for Aesthetics
- The Japan Art History Society
- Kyushu Art Society