|Yuko Ishii||Last modified date：2020.10.12|
Reseacher Profiling Tool Kyushu University Pure
Doctor of Literature
Country of degree conferring institution (Overseas)
Field of Specialization
Art Studies, Art History
Total Priod of education and research career in the foreign country
I am conducting research on Surrealist Art, focusing on the works by Max Ernst and his Collages. Recently, I completed a research project on Max Ernst's painting Vox Angelica (Flute of Angel) (1943), and conducted research on how the images are displayed in the painting and what effect is generated by its composition with grid structure. I also analyzed it in the context of the New York art scene at the time when Ernst exiled himself in 1942. My present aim is to consider a relationship between Max Ernst's art and his exhibitions between the interwar period, including a significance of 'exhibition' in the surrealist art movement.
Research InterestsMembership in Academic Society
- Theories of Taste and Avant-Garde Art in the UK Between the Two World Wars
keyword : Art History, United Kingdom, Taste, Avant-Garde Art, Two World Wars
- A comparative study on creative modifications through the internationalization of Surrealism.
keyword : Surrealism in Japan, Surrealism in Britain, Herbert Read, Shuzo Takiguchi
- Max Ernst's Collages
keyword : Max Ernst, Collages, Vox Angelica, Grid, Mythology
- Surrealist exhibitions between the interwar period.
keyword : Surrealism, Exhibitions, Collage
- International Society for the Study of Surrealism (ISSS)
- Hiroshima Society for Science of Arts
- Société franco-japonaise d'art et d'archéologie
- The Japanese Society for Aesthetics
- The Japan Art History Society
- Kyushu Art Society