|Takashi Ito||Last modified date：2020.02.03|
Doctor of Medical Science
Field of Specialization
Genome science, Molecular biology
Research InterestsMembership in Academic Society
- Genome science, Epigenomics
keyword : Genome, Epigenome, Omics
- The International Human Epigenome Consortium (IHEC) is a global consortium with the primary goal of providing free access to high-resolution reference human epigenome maps for normal and disease cell types to the research community. The epigenome reference maps will be of great utility in basic and applied research. They are likely to have an immediate impact on the understanding of many diseases, and will hopefully lead to the discovery of new means to treat or manage them. In addition to this work, many members support related projects to improve epigenomic technologies, investigate epigenetic regulation in disease processes, and explore broader gene-environment interactions in human health.
IHEC will facilitate communication among the members and offer a forum for coordination, with the objective of avoiding redundant research efforts, implementing high data quality standards, and thus maximizing efficiency among the scientists working to understand, treat, and prevent diseases.
Works, Software and Database
- The Japanese Society for Epigenetics
- The Molecular Biology Society of Japan
- The Japanese Biochemical Society