|Takashi Ito||Last modified date：2021.06.25|
Director of the Research Center for Education in Health Care System
E-Mail *Since the e-mail address is not displayed in Internet Explorer, please use another web browser:Google Chrome, safari.
Reseacher Profiling Tool Kyushu University Pure
Doctor of Medical Science
Country of degree conferring institution (Overseas)
Field of Specialization
Genome science, Molecular biology
Total Priod of education and research career in the foreign country
Research InterestsMembership in Academic Society
- Genome science, Epigenomics, Synthetic genomics
keyword : Genome, Epigenome, Omics, Synthetic genome
- The International Human Epigenome Consortium (IHEC) is a global consortium with the primary goal of providing free access to high-resolution reference human epigenome maps for normal and disease cell types to the research community. The epigenome reference maps will be of great utility in basic and applied research. They are likely to have an immediate impact on the understanding of many diseases, and will hopefully lead to the discovery of new means to treat or manage them. In addition to this work, many members support related projects to improve epigenomic technologies, investigate epigenetic regulation in disease processes, and explore broader gene-environment interactions in human health.
IHEC will facilitate communication among the members and offer a forum for coordination, with the objective of avoiding redundant research efforts, implementing high data quality standards, and thus maximizing efficiency among the scientists working to understand, treat, and prevent diseases.
Works, Software and Database
- The Japanese Society for Epigenetics
- The Molecular Biology Society of Japan
- The Japanese Biochemical Society